3 box(es) 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding
3 cups Milk ( i substituted for skim milk)
1 container 8oz cool whip( I also substituted for low fat or reduced)
Graham crackers (graham crackers without the cinnamon)
3 tablespoons Cocoa (unsweetened)
11/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons whole milk (I used skim or fat free milk)
Tip: DON'T USE SOY MILK IN THE PUDDING OR IT WILL NOT SET CORRECTLY. USE REGULAR MILK.
(My first attempt I used almond milk and it was ok but not quite solid as if you use regular milk but still good. :-)
1. Whisk together the pudding and milk in a large mixing bowl until thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip.
2. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking them in smaller pieces to fit the edges of the pan.
3. Spread half of the pudding mixture evenly over the bottom layer of graham crackers.
4. Top with a second layer of graham crackers, followed by the second half of the pudding.
5. Top with the third and final layer of graham crackers.
6. Whisk together the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, melted butter and 3 Tbsp whole milk to make the chocolate frosting.
7. Spread evenly over top the third layer of graham crackers.
8. Refrigerate overnight so the pudding has time to set up and the graham crackers soften before serving.
recipe courtesy of tiphero.com