Translate

Monday, November 12, 2012

Wonderful Rice Pudding.



I found this recipe for Rice Pudding that I am dying to try.  I love rice pudding and if you decide to use it, please let me know how it turned out..  I would modify it a little and but overall I think I can do this one.


1 loaf round cinnamon bread cut into large pieces
4 Tbsp butter cut into pieces
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
8 large eggs
5 1/2 cups milk (may use 1/2 cream)
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. Place cut up bread into a large 9 to 10 cup oven-safe bowl, lightly toss with cut up pieces of butter and cranberries; set aside. In a medium bowl mix sugars, salt and cinnamon; add grated orange peel. In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy; add milk/cream mixture and vanilla; whisk until blended and frothy. Add sugar mixture and blend well. Pour liquid over the bread mixture; lightly push bread into liquid to moisten. Let stand about 5 minutes.
Place the oven-safe bowl with the bread pudding into a deep 9 x 13 baking dish filled with 1 inch of hot water (glass baking dish works best as aluminum may discolor or darken from the water). Bake 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until knife comes out clean (pudding should be set but not dry).
Post a Comment