Potato Sausage Soup



This is the original photo of the soup that I got off my crockpot apps. Check the bottom of the page for a photo of my Potato Soup. And yup I am at it again. I am enjoying my new slow cooker so much that I made another mouth watering dish. I modified it a bit to my own taste and you can do the same. I made it yesterday afternoon so it didn't get done til late last night about 8:30 pm. I gave it a little taste and it was fantastic. I love potatoes and this was the perfect recipe. Very easy and it made a lot. I have to say I had some for lunch today and it taste even better the second day. Why is that? LOL

Potato and Sausage Soup
Serve 4
Ingredients:

*6 Italian sausages- (Sweet, Mild or Hot I used Mild Italian Sausage)
*1 med onion
*2 garlic cloves- (I didn't have any garlic cloves so I used mince jar garlic or you can use garlic powder. My minced garlic worked fine)
*1 carrot- (I used 2 carrots as I love carrots.)
*5 potatoes
*1- 15 oz can tomatoes-(I used can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning)
*1 celery stalk
*2 cups-46 cl chicken stock-( I used 3 cups low sodium Chicken Broth)
*2 cups-46 cl water- I added an additional cup of water
*1 tsp Italian seasoning
*2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese-
*salt and pepper to taste.

Preparation:
1. Chop onion, crush garlic and dice potatoes, carrots and celery.
2. Put vegetables into slow cooker, cover with water and stock, add tomatoes and Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Cook LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Add sausages; cook on LOW about 4 hours
5. Before serving cut sausages into thick slices, and garnish with parmesan cheese

About the sausage. The recipe seems to just add the sausage in whole and once cooked slice it, but I took the casing off my sausage(as I don't like the casing) and cut into small pieces and fried them a little, then I added it to the cooker. So instead of placing the sausage in whole, you may want to cut it up first before adding it into the slow cooker. This can also be made in a pot as well. I cooked mine on high for about 4 hours in my slow cooker/crockpot.

Another tip too you can add chopped spinach, or escarole or even drop in a couple of bay leaves like I did. So there is a lot you can do with this soup. If you decide to make it, drop me a comment and let me know how yours turned out and if you liked it. Also it may seem like there is not enough liquids so I added another cup of water and added additional Chicken broth to it as needed.

My Potato Sausage Soup (OMG I almost typed soap LOL)

Thanks
Michelle
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate