Great Northern Bean Soup

I am a big fan of soup and I love anything with beans. Beans are a great source of fiber and good for the heart. I found a great recipe that I slightly modified for my own taste and you can do the same too.

I added a little bit of celery and used smoked turkey bacon instead of regular bacon to give it a nice smokey taste and I added shredded smoke pork that I got from Costco that I used a day prior to making the soup and thought it would give it a nice taste and it did. Another great additive you can add to it is smoke kielbasa or you can leave just as it is.

Here is my soup simmering in the slow cooker.











Great Northern Bean Soup
Ingredients:
Serves 8 – 10

3 slices thick cut bacon
10 cups-2.2 L chicken stock
3 cans Great Northern beans – 45 oz
1 can petite cut tomatoes – 14 ½ oz
1 large onion
2 fresh carrots
3 garlic cloves
1 sprig fresh rosemary or dry rosemary.
1 tsp pepper

Preparation:

1. Chop onion, mince garlic, dice carrots, dice bacon.
2. Cook bacon until barely done. Drain on paper towel. Add bacon to slow cooker. Drain beans and rinse. Combine with rest of ingredients and add to slow cooker. Stir to mix ingredients.
3. Cook on LOW 8 hours. Remove rosemary sprig. Strip leaves and mince or if you used dried rosemary. Return to soup and serve.


My finished Great Northern Bean Soup. I loved it and it was gone in a couple of days. My husband just loved it.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!