My 12 Step Program

My 12 step plan to budget my time on the internet. I got the idea from a plurk buddy and thought I make it into my own

1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my NEWS PAPER like I used to, before the Web. I wonder if they still deliver them?

2. I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing. Come on admit you have done this!

3. When I am getting dressed not to remind myself to check my email again.

4. I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of logging on to the Internet.

5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived like my mother who does not own a computer or have access to the intenet

6.I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Web.
I know this will be hard as I am not a phone person but I wonder how I got like that?

7.I will read a book... if I still remember how. I am working on one now which is taking me a month just to get to chapter 50

8.I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web. You know you do this too

9.I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email. My downfall which I happen to do this a lot.

10. I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not even if it kills me

11.I will remember to use the library again instead of depending on on the internet for everything. Its good to get out and be around people for a change.

Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the Web will always be there tomorrow! Amen to this!

I have to admit it to myself that the internet has made me really lazy. I don't socialize with anyone, I don't go out much anymore and I don't drive or go out at night. The internet has made me very lazy. Although I love the convenience of our technology but we I think we forget that we are people and everything we do in life seems to be connected to the wall or plugged into our ears. What happened to the days before when we would call someone and talk. Nowadays we just send them emails. A good excuse not to call someone. Texting. I really don't get the texting. I mean it comes in handy when you are in a meeting or can't answer your phone but people are using this as a method of communicating now. It is just so impersonal and pointless when you can just pick up the phone and call them. I know there are a lot of folks that love texting and if it floats your boat great. Texting has it purpose but not to replace actually talking to someone. And Twitter, still don't get it, tried it and still trying to see the point of it but it will fade too just like Facebook will. Ok hope you enjoyed reading my 12 step program. I will try my best to live up to these steps. It will be hard but I think I can do it. Pray for me :-)

~Michelle
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate