Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Feature Meet Spoiled Bratzwear

Yes I am have finally started to do some wonderful handmade artist features. This week I would like to introduce to you Spoiled Bratswear. Not only is she one of my favorite customers but have one of the most interesting and the cutest pet wear I have seen. I couldn't decide which one to pick but here are some of her fabulous wear in her studio at Artfire. Check out some of her fabulous wear for pets.



Modern Floral Summer Harness Dress for Little Dogs~OOAK

Lightweight and perfect for the warmer weather, this dress is self-lined at the top and the skirt is a single layer of cotton. Lovely modern floral print in soft citrus tones on a brown background. SO pretty!



Jungle Cat Dog Hatz4Brats™---shhhh don't scare her!


Super lightweight fleece "hood" with precious little double layer earz (print on one side, light pink on the front) to bring out the cat in your dog. These weigh less than an ounce and my customers tell me it's the only hat their pet will leave on.
Gently ties under the chin for a custom and comfortable fit. No elastic straps or velcro.


Chocolate Argyle dog PJs

SO soft and lightweight, yet warm! We use only the best premium anti-pill fleece for our pull-on PJs.
Generous stretch fits a variety of breeds, this size large will fit a dog up to 22 pounds and great for a larger Italian greyhound.

Lets meet SpoiledBratsWear and get to know more about her and what she does. Here is a brief interview.

What is your name
Holly Mastromatto

Where in the world are you? Flagstaff, AZ USA

Do you have a shop or blog where we can visit?
www.spoiledbratzwear.artfire.com www.thepetboutiqueblog.blogspot.com

Briefly describe yourself and what you make:

I’m a wife, dog mom, dog rescuer and pet apparel designer.

Who or what inspires you?
Guess :0) MY DOGS!

When / how did you learn what you do?

I took sewing lessons when I was seven years old and still have the smock top I made in that class. I have always loved to sew, but recently rediscovered it about 2 years ago.

Why do you 'bother' to make things by hand?

I personally love buying handmade and I believe people appreciate the time, craftmanship and love in each piece. I also able to customize each and every piece of clothing I make for a perfect fit.

What is your craft ”philosophy”? Trust your crazy ideas.

Have you always made things and if so, how long?

Since I can remember. My mom used to gather the kids in the neighborhood to make tie dyed shirts in the early 70’s and we were always painting, playing with Shrinky Dinks and molding with clay. My granny taught me how to knit when I was very young and we would spend hours covering wire hangers with yarn. I can’t remember NOT making things with my hands. I am a hairdresser by trade, although I don’t currently work in a salon. I’ve been cutting hair since I was about 8 years old.

Do you do your craft full time or partime?

Currently I think about it 24/7 coming up with new ideas and ways to market, but it’s really just a fabulous hobby at this point.

Can you reveal a little about your creative process?

I usually see something in human clothing designs that makes me want to create a dog version. I love quality fabrics and trendy designs, not just paw prints and dog bones like you see on so much petwear.

Do you have a designated craft space?

What does it mean to you? I have a fabulous office/sewing room where I spend most of my time. Between my pet wellness online business and my two shops on Etsy and ArtFire, I’m pretty busy trying to keep it all straight!

Any advice you may want to add to someone who has started or is thinking about start a craft and selling?

Don’t be afraid of little failures. If you can’t gracefully accept failure, you will likely never succeed.

I want to personally thank Holly Mastromatto from SpoiledBratsWear for taking the time to interview her and for allowing me to feature her work and the use of her photos.

Please take the time to visit her studio at Artfire

~Michelle
Post a Comment