All Ready To Make Soap But....



Uh huh? All ready to start making a batch a soap when I realize, I have no LYE! Thats right folks, can't make any soap without lye. Being that I am in a new home I keep all my oils in my supply closet and this resulted in me running up 2 flights of stairs. I have decided to keep all my oils in my kitchen so I don't have to lug all those huge jugs and canisters down the stairs. I kept forgetting things like my apron, gloves and goggles along with the scale. So up the stairs I go to retrieve those items that I really need.

As you can see in the photo, I was all set up to make some soap last night and realize there was hardly any lye left. Fortunate for me, I don't have to purchase my lye online. I can get it at Loews for 7.66 for a 24 oz bottle of 100% caustic soda. So now I had to wait. Today I was able to get a batch of my Whipped Monkey Farts Soap done. It should be ready in about 3-4 weeks. Sometime early in Oct.



Update: This is how it looks the day after when it is ready to be cut. I cut this early this morning. As you can see the color is a pale yellow then when it looked like when it was put into the mold. It smells sooooo good. And you can see it looks so light and fluffy. I am so glad that this soap turned out so well. I am always nervous when it is time to take the soap out of the mold and cut. You just never know but with whipped soaps you can take your time with it. :-) Thanks for letting me share this with you.



OH I can't wait. My kitchen smells like Monkey Farts :-)
~Michelle
7 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!