Translate

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

One of Etsy's Great Shops

This is one of my favorite shops on Etsy. Why you say? Well because CRAFTYSTEPH has awesome incense. I have bought from her shop many many times and have never been disappointed. When I get my order it is well packaged and she also sends me other scent samples to try which got me coming back from more. Not only does she make lovely incense but other great gifts too.

Take a peek at some of her items in her shop.

20 Hand-dipped Charcoal Incense Sticks with your Choice of Scent

These lovely-scented incense sticks are made to order, fresh just for you - so you know they haven't been sitting on a shelf somewhere!!

I hand dip all incense sticks myself, beginning with the high-quality charcoal incense sticks which burn cleaner than "regular" incense sticks (the punk type), which burn with a more "woodsy" smell. Because we use charcoal, all you get is pure fragrance!

I then soak the incense sticks for 24 hours in an aromatherapy blend of highly-scented oils. Once completely soaked, they are then set out to dry for 2-3 days, until mostly dry. Finally I package them in re-closable ziplock bags, and label them for you.

My favorite is Raspberry Sage and Nag Champa :-)

Wood and Tiger's Eye Necklace and Earring Set

This is a simply gorgeous, handmade, one-of-a-kind piece of Jewelry. It comes with necklace and matching earrings.

The necklace measures approximately 18" (46 cm) in length but has an adjustable chain so you can make it slightly shorter if you need to.

The necklace was created using alternating large, brilliant wooden beads with smaller genuine Red Tiger's Eye disc beads in between the larger wooden beads. These are very high quality genuine Red Tiger's Eye beads.

At the middle of the necklace hangs a gorgeous carved LARGE Tiger-Spotted Cowry Seashell. The shell itself measures approx 2.25" long and 2" wide and is hollow on the back side. It is carved with the most gorgeous grasses/flowers. The Cowry shell is surrounded on both sides with 3 smaller Tiger's Eye disc beads which match the surrounding wood beads perfectly.

This set also comes with a pair of matching earrings. The earrings were created with a small gold spacer bead at the bottom, followed by a small Tiger's Eye disc-shaped bead, then a round Tiger's Eye bead, another Tiger's Eye disc, then finally another small gold bead. Goes fabulously with the necklace!! The earrings measure approx. 1" long.


Lets hear a little about CraftySteph


I'm a 29 year old woman, happily married to a wonderful man in a small but cozy house in rural Missouri. On Etsy, and in some other places online, I'm called "CraftySteph", which is an online nickname I chose due to my love of all crafts, not just one specific craft. And of course, my first name is Stephanie. Of all crafts, I believe my favorite craft is to make hand-dipped incense from charcoal incense sticks and cones. I started making incense due to my love of all kinds of incense.

I sell my incense in my online store at http://www.craftysteph.com, but I also make other handmade crafts - some of my crafting passions include crochet, knitting, sewing, jewelry-making, beading and much more. All of my other handcrafted items can be found in my Etsy store at craftysteph.etsy.com. Crafting is so liberating and therapeutic to me, so I really enjoy the opportunity to broaden my horizons through various artistic mediums.

Thank you CraftySteph for allowing me to feature you this week on my blog. I will be seeing you soon for more incense. :-)

photos courtesy of Craftysteph

Post a Comment