Translate

Monday, June 2, 2008

New Featured Etsy Seller

I have one word to describe this new Etsy seller, and that is WOW. I ran across this Etsy seller a few months ago and just recently discovered it again.

What is this new seller? Reborn Treasures This shop has the most amazing life like dolls I have ever seen. So precious and adorable and very affordable. They are so life like I can't stop looking at them. You just want to pick them up and cuddle the little darlings.

Lets take a look at some of the little ones at Reborn Treasures.



Details at a glance... painted with genesis heat set paints in many many layers of my own special blend to give his skin depth & realism
... length 20 inches
... brown real eyes
... quarter limbs
... painted on hair & eyebrows
... his nose is opened & backed with dark felt to give it depth
... nails tipped & sealed
... disk jointed cloth body
... filled with poly pellots, sterile blue play sand & fiberfil to a weight of 3 pounds 6 ounces.
... hand applied eyelashes




He is 17 inches long & weighs 1 pound 14 ounces. He has been painted with genesis heat set paints in my own special blend of colors that were applied in many many thin layers to give his skin depth & realism. This takes many days to accomplish that real skin look. I then add a matte varnish to protect him. His hair has been micro rooted with a tiny felting needle that inserts 1-2 hairs at a time as have his eyelashes. This process takes many many hours but so worth it in the end. It actually looks like it's growing right out of his scalp.




This little one started out as a vinyl secrist Acorn kit. I have decided to make this kit a girl but she can be changed into a boy with just a change of clothes.. Everything used on this baby is non toxic. She is 22 inches long & weighs 3 pounds 11 ounces.She has been painted with genesis heat set paints in my own special blend of colors that were applied in many many thin layers to give her skin depth & realism. This takes many days to accomplish that real skin look. I then add a matte varnish to protect her.

►Just beautiful!!! I love these little ones. Let see how Reborn Treasures got started :-)

My name is Connie & I live in Ontario Canada. I am a SAHM to 2 beautiful boys who loves to make reborn dolls in my spare time.I have been making these like like reborn dolls since July 05.

I first came across these amazing dolls while looking on Ebay. They were so expensive that after buying a few I thought I'd try to make them myself. It has been an never ending learning process that I enjoy so much.It even amazes me as to what these babies will look like when completed. I keep up on all the latest techniques by belonging to doll groups. There are many kits out there to reborn along with regular play dolls.

Many hours of work & patience go into making a reborn doll. I offer my babies for sale at the lowest price possible in hopes that everyone can afford one.

If you'd like to see & learn more about my babies please visit my Etsy shop at http://reborntreasures.etsy.com

I'd like to humbly thank Michelle for giving me a spot in her blog.

I would like to thank Reborn Treasures for allowing me to feature her beautiful life like babies and permission to use her photos and descriptions. Please keep up the great work.
Post a Comment