My New Whipped Soap

Ok I have had some trials with this darn soap. My first batch lost its color and texture due to some steps that I missed but it is still a good smelling soap but it is not whipped texture. But this soap that I just recently did came out perfect. I did miss a step and now that I fixed it, I have been making soap like crazy the past few days.

What is whipped soap? Well I think I tried to explain what it was in a previous post but to reiterate what it is, it is soap make from scratch but made a little differently. It has very light whipped texture and the soap will literally float on top of the water. You may have seen these soaps before but for me this is something new for me and creating a recipe for this type of soap was a challenge. Trying to get the right solid oils and the right liquid oils to combine together. But I did it and I have already made two batches of whipped soap.

This is what the soap looked like once I mixed the solid and liquid oils. This takes a little while to whip as I am using a hand mixer. I don't have one of these fancy blenders. But this did the trick.





This is what it looked like once I got it in the mold. Usually within a 10-15 or so it will start to harden a bit and this is when I make the design whipped look on the top of the soap. It is a bit sticky but easy to make patterns as it is thick and not a pudding like consistency. Plus I can take as long as I want coloring and doing what I want to do with it as time is not a issues with this soap as with the traditional way of heating the oils and getting it in the mold. Usually the saponification process in the traditional way takes up to 30-45 minutes to start heating up. This soap does not heat up but the curing process is shortened due to the whipping process. The only draw back to this soap is that it will go faster than the traditional soap as it is very light and fluffy. But all so good and worth using.




I like to show the whole loaf just to let you know that this is my soap and not bought from someplace else. I make my own soaps. The first batch is the Monkey Farts. Since this was my most popular fragrance, It thought I make this into a soap. What is Monkey Farts? LOL I know you are expecting to read a disgusting description, but this unique complex fragrance is anything but disgusting! This unique fragrance begins with top notes of fresh bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla as a base note. I thought about changing the name of this fragrance but I thought it was so funny so I just left the name.


This what the soap looked like once I cut them into slices. They weren't suppose to be this big but because the soap gets whipped it increased in volume. I wasn't sure how the layers would look but now that I have sliced it. I like how the outcome turned out. My table smells so good where I have them drying out. My drying rack is literally full so I am having a hard time finding room to dry the new batches.

This soap and my other surprise whipped soap will be available in about 3 weeks. :-)

6 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate