My New Soap Flopped





Well I attempted to make a new whipped soap the other day and it did not turn out the way I wanted it to. (sighs) But I guess you live and learn. I used some really expensive oils like olive oil which I rarely use because it is the most expensive oil to use. In order for me to use it, I have to buy it in large quantities and it can get pretty costly. So I decided to use this oil in the soap and it did not turn out the way it was suppose to and I am disappointed and hoping by the time it finish curing that is is still usable. My colors all faded after 24 hours and now it is a cream color. ggrrr.

What is whipped soap? Well it is when you whip your solid oils such as the coconut oil and palm oils at room temperature instead of heating it up first. When you whip the solid oils to a whip cream consistency, you then add the rest of the liquid oils. Once that is whipped, you add in your lye and water solution and they you whip that up. The soap is caustic at this point. But I like this method because you don't have to rush to get it to trace and into your mold because it will start to heat up. This method remains at room temperature and you have more time to do what you want with the soap. But I think I missed a step and my colors totally disappeared and the layers were all gone. This particular soap is suppose to be light and will float in water. But this is what happens when you experiment with a new recipe and it happens. This isn't the first batch of soap that wen to the soap gods. LOL. I have a huge box of bad batches that I have no idea what to do with. I don't want to throw them out because they are still soap but they are bad because the colors didn't come out or the additives that were added didn't set right in the soaps. Oh well back to the drawing board.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Cold Process vs Hot Process Method