How did I get my name?



Isn't that a beautiful picture? Well lets see. I have always had a fascination with the winged white horse called the Pegasus. It is derived from Greek mythology. It is such a beautiful horse and I remember as a teenager reading about Greek mythology and reading about the Pegasus is how I fell in love with it. I use to have a beautiful Pegasus figurine that I treasured from a garage sale that I was at and it had broken to little pieces. I loved this figurine. I said to myself that if I died, I would love to be taken to heaven on a beautiful white horse with wings. What a way to go! :-) So this is how I decided the name my business Pegasus Handmade Soaps. My soaps will take you to heaven :-)

Here is some other information on the Pegasus.

In Greek mythology, Pegasus is the winged horse that was fathered by Poseidon with Medusa. When her head was cut of by the Greek hero Perseus, the horse sprang forth from her pregnant body. His galloping created the well Hippocrene on the Helicon (a mountain in Boeotia).

When the horse was drinking from the well Pirene on the Acrocotinth, Bellerophon's fortress, the Corinthian hero was able to capture the horse by using a golden bridle, a gift from Athena. The gods then gave him Pegasus for killing the monster Chimera but when he attempted to mount the horse it threw him off and rose to the heavens, where it became a constellation (north of the ecliptic).

In another version, Bellerophon killed the Chimera while riding on Pegasus, and when he later attempted to ride to the summit of Mount Olympus, Zeus sent a gadfly to sting the horse, and it threw Bellerophon off its back.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Cold Process vs Hot Process Method