A New Yummy Recipe!!MMMMM
OK I am not one for trying new recipes in fear of messing them up and having them come out all bad and just plain awful. But this recipe was so easy a kid could do it and it was so delicious. Very easy and low fat and low in calories and very tasty. The picture is my finished product that I had to share with ya. I would love it if anyone actually makes this and share the finish product with a comment. Here is the recipe.
Spanish Style Chicken Noodle Soup
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or any oil
* 3 celery ribs, chopped
* 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 to 2 tablespoons (about a palmful) chili powder
* 1 bay leaf, use fresh if available
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) chicken stock (can substitute for chicken broth) I used chicken boullion and it was just as good.
* 1/2 pound orzo pasta ( can be substituted with rice) I tried the orzo which was very good
* 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken cutlets, cut into bite-size pieces
* 2 28-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
* 1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
* 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onions, chili powder and bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, add the orzo pasta and cook according to the package instructions adding the chicken pieces during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking along with the tomatoes, corn and beans to heat through.
Ladle a portion of soup in a bowl and garnish with sliced scallions and tortilla chips. Serve with lime wedges to add a zip.
Courtesy of rachaelray.com