Goals

You know time doesn't wait for anyone and I want to be able to set goals for myself but at times it seems very hard to do. I have decided long time ago that setting goals for myself would not be the thing to do. Mainly because of fear of not reaching those goals and being disappointed and giving up. In the past I have set goals and never reached them and became very disappointed and eventually I did give up. I am not saying that people shouldn't set goals for themselves. It probably isn’t very realistic for a person who is currently making $20,000 a year to set a goal of making $1,000,000 next year. Ok that is a bit unrealistic but there have been people have gone from rags to riches so I should say that is unrealistic. But it is important that the goals you set are YOUR goals and not those of someone else. I see this so many times when people set their goals in comparison to someone else life. Competing is never a good thing to do. Especially when you are competing with a friend. You can have someones else life because trying to live someones else life is not really YOU. Just a imitation of someone else. Do what you think is best for you.


I have set goals on losing weight, jobs, money, family and none of those goals have been achieved to what I wanted. (in a realistic period of time) But am I satisfied with my life. Yes, Could I always make room for improvement, Yes!. I think to me that is all that matters. There is always room from improvement and advancement. I have never been the type to set goals because once I did, I was always let down. I am the kind of person that works at my own pace and doing things that I think would benefit me. What are the things that I am good at doing, and what can I do to try new things out. I have to admit over the past few years I have tried a variety of new things and it just hasn't worked out for me. I tried my hand at making jewelry.

My grandmother use to say, "You never know what you are good at until you try it". This is so true. My heart just wasn't in to jewelry making and I didn't have the creativity that I have seen on Etsy and other places. I love making soap and other bath products. When I started making soap I never thought I would be any good at it. I never want to be like other soap makers and have my soaps look like everyone else. I wanted my own unique look to my soaps and not have them look so much like all the other soap makers. I want them to have my own personality to them. I know it may seem hard to understand where I am coming from but I want my products to reflect me.

I have also tried crocheting and knitting. Crocheting is not my thing either, I have tried it, too complicated for me and just not my thing. I am a knitter and have knitted only throw blankets over the past years. I like to knit as it is a great way to reduce stress. But as for selling my knit items, no way would I even consider doing such a thing. :-). So it is good to try new things. But as far as goals are, setting them may be a big let down and seeking over avenues of achievement and exploring new things and ideas is more for me than setting goals.

~Michelle
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate