WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN HOMEMADE PRODUCTS

I notice a lot of business that sell cream, lotions, whipped body cream and butters are actually made from premade bases. What do I mean by premade bases? These creams are no different than creams and lotions you buy at your local Walmart. Lotions, creams and hair care items such as shampoos, conditioners, body washes that are already made up and sold in bulk by suppliers and have fragrance oils added to them and sold to buyers at 7.00 for a 4 oz bottle. YOu are better off going to your local drug store or Walmart for these creams and lotion because they are no different. I myself use and have used some of these base on certain items but I do not claim that they are handmade from scratch. I myself have used premade bases but I do not or have not sold them for outrages prices either. So I am not innocent of using them myself.

Some sellers just don't specify that they are made from premade bases, and are not required to do so if they are premade as far as I know, but the way you can tell if you see ingredients listed like this:

Ingredients: Deionized water, Cetearyl Alcohol Cetearth-10, Glyceryl Monostearate, Isopropyl Palaitate, Aloe Vera, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Cocoa Butter, Colorant, Fragrance

These ingredients are found in our everyday shampoos and conditioner, body washes and other beauty products. These are NOT homemade creams and lotions they are made from premade bases that was just added fragrance to them. Do you know what some of these ingredients are? Paraben is not one of the ingredients you should be seeing in your ingredients.

Why should you avoid Parabens? Previously published studies have shown that parabens are able to be absorbed through the skin and to bind to the body's estrogen-receptors, where they can encourage breast cancer cell growth.

But Flower maintains that the amount of parabens absorbed by the skin is very low and the parabens are "metabolised by the skin cells to produce products that have no estrogenic activity".

Information found at Organic Consumers

There are so much information about parabens. Please do your own research on parabens. This is just for information purposes and I don't claim to be a scientist or any other professional to make these claims. This is just information that I have collected and formed my own opinions about the use of parabens and why I choose not to use products with it in it. :-)



Souffle Body Butter back this Fall

I love the feel of my Souffle Body Butter and I love using it. I still use it but I can't not add it back to my line mainly because of the melting issue with the butter. In order to maintain the whipped consisitency, it has to remain its whipped texture. Not to mention the melting due to the extreme summer heat. So this will be back this Fall when the weather is much nicer.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cold vs Hot Process Soap? What's The Difference?

Strawberry Legs Oh NO!

Sodium Laureth Sulfate VS Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate